As a courtesy, this course is offered at one price for everyone.
Learn Canadian Payroll I is an introduction to the payroll function. Learn about establishing the employee-employer relationship, hiring a new employee, employment standards requirements, taxable benefits and allowances along with the payroll practitioner's key role in withholding statutory deductions from employment income.
- Identify concepts of the roles and responsibilities of payroll compliance
- Identify whether a worker is an employee or independent contractor
- Describe basic employment standards
- Recognize common taxable benefits and allowances
- Understand the basic concepts of payroll deductions
- Calculate manually to produce a net pay
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT
Learn Canadian Payroll I : June 27 - 28, 2023, Last day to register: June 19
Earn up to 7.5 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs) or 0.75 Continuing Education Units (CEU) when attending this course. Not Eligible for CPE credit.
Important!! Audio for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company's server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here
to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.