31 July - 2 August 2024 – Interactive Virtual
This course provides the information necessary to maintain U.S. compliance in every state in which you pay employees. In addition, this course will provide insights into the procedures and legal hurdles encountered when ensuring local income tax compliance.
This course covers regulations on paying employees, state wage and hour issues, state and local income tax withholding requirements, state unemployment and disability insurance issues, paid family and sick leave, child support withholding orders, state unclaimed wages rules, payments of wages owed to deceased employees, SSN use restrictions, and state employment verification laws.
At the local level, it details city, county, and school district tax withholding, reporting, and depositing for the 16 relevant states.
Register Online Print Registration Form
2023 Course Outline
- Learn the impact of employees when crossing state lines to work
- Identify and understand state and local payroll tax requirements
- Learn state and local paid sick leave and paid family leave requirements
- Understand state and local recordkeeping requirements
- Learn the rules and requirements of wages owed to deceased employees
- Learn which states are required to utilize an employment verification program
- Apply complicated state and local withholding requirements for resident and nonresident employees
Who Should Attend
Payroll, human resources, systems, accounting, and tax professionals who work for organizations with employees in multiple states and localities.
- Three-day Interactive Virtual Sessions
Classroom opens: 8:15 a.m. CDT
Class: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CDT
The Interactive Virtual course uses Zoom. There will be morning and afternoon breaks and a 30 minute lunch break.
Earn up to 18 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), 1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), or 21.5 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based. Program Level: Overview. No prerequisites or advance preparation required. Fields of Study: Taxes=16.5 and Business Law=5.0
Event Policies and Health and Safety Procedures
Please read our Event Policies regarding registration, transfers, substitutions, cancellations, refunds, travel arrangements, and consent to use your photograph and contact information, and our Health and Safety Policies (note: as of January 2023, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test is no longer required for entry to in-person events).
Please be sure to verify your session before purchasing.
A $55 administrative fee will be assessed for each transfer/substitution.